Saturday, September 12

grow

I have mentioned before that if my thumbs are any colour they are black as opposed to green. I like a nice garden - just would prefer if someone else would do it for me. However I also think it is important for children to be exposed to the garden and have the opportunity to learn and explore. They need to know where the food comes from and how hard it is to grow. I would really love to have a garden like the greek and italian imigrants in the 70's where every tree was a different fruit tree and with the well established vegie patch rather than a manicured lawn. Maybe I can work towards that taking baby steps.
Today we started (or restarted) our vegie patch. While Benji and Spencer slept, Alexander and I enjoyed the sunshine and some quiet time together. I got some seed raising packs from a kinder fundraiser and Alexander read the instructions (all by himself) and we planted tomato and lettuce. I have some other seeds to plant but we are taking baby steps on this one. It will be a long while before we are self sufficient!

1 comment:

  1. you have a wonderfulkids..Congratz!..all of them ..and Im sure the mommy is okie too..smiles..nice blog btw

    ReplyDelete