Saturday, September 19

new friends

(some of the kids from a trip to the museum)

a night out chatting, and more chatting without the now tribe of kids(6 mums have produced 16 kids!). I had a mums night out (MNO) with the girls from mothers group. A great little group of girls who I have know for almost six years, and we still meet reguarly each weekly but with the kids it is hard to have a good chat.


I remember when I was first pregnant and thinking about meeting other new mums, and being really hesitant (Robyn - is that an understatement?) about joining in on that whole thing. I assumed I wouldn't connect with any of them. Now I think it is the most important thing you can do as a new mum. The people you meet may be different but they are all struggling with the SAME STUFF. If there is an open forum where you can discuss stuff without being judged this can be the biggest help. Luckily that is what I found. A group of girls where you can sit and chat, and laugh and the hours just fly by.....

1 comment:

  1. Yes that is an understatement :-) Robyn xoxo

    ReplyDelete