Tuesday, September 29

words

today I gave someones words more power than they deserve. they were just thrown into conversation, and probably forgotten, yet they resinated all day with me. i don't even know if they are true and its from a long time ago - but I let it change my whole mood - my whole day. I was cranky and didn't follow through on any of the things I had planned. Luckily the big squirrel had taken Alexander to play golf -which they enjoyed - so I could spend the day knitting and trying not to think. The little boys played in the garden and these words kept coming back to me.
I realise that it is not the words so much, it is me giving them power. I should be able to control how I feel and not give this power to others. I could so not be a celebrity.
Knitting is all done, now just have to sew it all together....

3 comments:

  1. you ok?
    glad you managed to get your knitting done

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so narcissistic; was it something i said?... I hope not, and I hope that you are feeling better now whatever it was : )

    thanks for last night, I always enjoy our get togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all good now. And no it wasn't you Jo, nor any of you girls!! I had a lovely time last night. I so look forward to them. Nic

    ReplyDelete