Monday, September 28

inspire

(a still from Dali & Disneys animation Destino)

Destination - National Gallery - Salvadore Dali Liquid Desire

Participants - Moi, Alexander and Mr P

Transportation - Tram and Train


Isn't it funny when you decide things are going to be one way and they end up somewhere totally different? I was worried about the gallery being too 'stuffy' for a prep student but it wasn't.

Having rung in advance, we knew it was busy. Alexander was still excited about the tram ride. The lady at the sales desk looked distracted and tired. Mr P bought his ticket - no smile. I asked for an adult and a child - and she asked how old. I don't know why, but I was like, no really - he is a child he's only 5! To which she lit up in a broad smile and announced he was actually free (not the information previously collected, but I agreed with her). Then, she was chatty and explained a childrens tour/activity.

We were greeted very enthusiastically at the door of the exhibition, at about 3:45, and the doorman decided not to take our tickets - usually reserved for after 4pm, so I can actually go again for free. I told you a good mood is contagious.

The exhibition was different to what I had previously seen and really enjoyable for all of us. Certainly the highlight was the short animation collaboration between Dali and Walt Disney. It was beautifully fluid and almost hypnotic and really captured the surrealist spirit. Worth a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment