Thursday, September 9

Secret Squirrel Projects

As I mentioned in the last post, we celebrated Miss G's birthday yesterday in true crafty style we couldn't help ourselves making too many things. But its all fun. This is a heatpack which I have been carrying around since May.
Alexander chose and beaded onto bracelet elastic this bracelets.
This little A-line skirt was going to be a bag. I just loved the fabric which was in the patchwork section at spotlight, but it called to me and really wanted to be a skirt. I picked up some little interlock cami's that were in the right colours to go with it (cheaper to buy than make!)

This was my favourite. It doesn't look much here (maybe I can get her to model it??) but it is a black brocade fabric, with a high waist and inverted centrefront pleat. The weight of the fabric makes it sit really well. It is a New Look pattern, and I have not altered it at all - except not pressing down the pleat, but it has a really retro vibe to it - and even better looks great on her.
We celebrated last night. We were entertained in a cosy flat and shared a scrumptious dinner and a delicate sponge and enjoyed a lovely evening. My boys were even little angels. (Mr P has a glowing box!)

No comments:

Post a Comment