Monday, September 27

Togs

Back on my last crafting weekend I saw in a magazine a pair of bathers. With lots of gathers I thought they would be brilliant - because you couldn't tell what was fat and what was folds! I filed it away in my must to file.



Now we are off to the sunshine, I actually need some new bathers, so I picked up some lycra from Darn Cheap (of course!) with the intent of making these- they are one of miriclesuits best sellers - Camilla RRP $269.
I have made bathers before and was going to have a go at adjusting a pattern but mum, who works in a sewing shop, said Kwik Sew had new patterns and got some for me. I couldn't believe there was exactly the pattern I wanted:
The fit on the orange suit is not the best for the model, but that is about the only difference. I am mid way through making these. They are actually fairly easy. I have however made a couple of errors due to timing, but these would have been fixed if I had read the instructions! The fit seems to be big at the top and little at the bottom, which I would fix for next time. Oh, and you know I have three little boys who play rough, so I am adding some straps. I can't be flashing my boobies to all and sundry.
This is the other pattern she got. I thought the tankini was good, but I am actually making both of these styles. For me I have cut this one out as a small top and medium bottom - also adding straps to both. Both are in black but I reckon the one with the cut-outs could be really good because it looks like a two piece at the back, but at the front hides my 'damaged' tummy.
All three are at elastic stage so there is no fashion show as yet- maybe when I shed my winter hair you may get a little peak of the outcome....but only maybe!

1 comment:

  1. i cant beliene its exanctly the same, might just put my order in for a pair of those when you get back !!!

    ReplyDelete