Tuesday, September 7

Use your imagination

Day 2 of no TV. We had to cold turkey because the glowing box was taking over our lives. It started as a bit of a babysitter when I had something I needed to get done. The weather was miserable and cold so the boys couldn't go out and play. We got Disney channel and they were hooked. Like addicts they could hardly sleep waiting for their next fix. I had been trying to wean them down, yet the tantrums were becoming unbearable. So the plug is out of the wall.
I have to say, yesterday wasn't fun. I think really we had all forgotten how to play. Thankfully we were out at activities most of the day - it could have been worse! Today was a home day - all day and that can be a long day, but we actually had fun. The sun is shining and we played in the backyard, we did cut & paste, colouring and finally made these little puppets which we could make up our own stories and present them over the back of the couch.
I have to say on a whole, the house is much more calm. We still have our moments and everyone needs to turn their volume control down a notch but we are getting there. My aim is that we learn to live without it, and can reintroduce some moderate TV time.

No comments:

Post a Comment