Monday, September 6

Yummy & easy

Last week at knitting Jo told us of her easy florentines recipe. I made these for fathers day yesterday and this is all that is left!

My recollection of what she said and what I did is basically this- you may need to tweak a bit:

2 cups cornflakes

1/2 cup coconut

1/2 cup flaked almonds

1/2 cup glace cheries (I also made some with raspberry lollies for the 'kids")

1/2 cup sultanas

tin of condensed milk

Mix the sticky mixture together and lay cookie sized portions baking paper.

I baked them in a moderate oven for about 10 minutes but you will need to watch them. Cool and cover the back with melted chocolate and drizzle chocolate over the top. I made some with white and also with milk chocolate.

My proportions were a bit off as I halved the batch to do half with cheries and half with raspberries and then I was a bit liberal adding more of everything, so I didn't really have enough condensed milk - however there were no complaints.

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: