Monday, December 8

Birthday Boys






Happy Birthday to Benji and Spencer. It was two years ago today that you were born - a much more pleasant visit to Monash Medical Centre than our recent one! I can't believe you have ony been in our lives for two years - it seems like you have always been here. I do remember thinking how we were going to cope with two new additions to our family, and now I wonder how we would ever live without you. While our lives are always busy, most of the time it is always fun.
Spencer is a sensitive and loving little boy. He loves hugs and kisses and his deep chesty laugh always makes me giggle. He is getting chattier and I can't wait to have real conversations with himu, as you are always watching and taking things in. If your current interests shape your future, I imagine we will have lots of chats about footy, soccer and any sport involving a ball!

Benji is a cheeky little man, who will fake being asleep if he thinks he is going to get into trouble. Always the first out of bed, and into Spencers, he has a twinkle in his eye that lets me know he is concocting a plan! He is always up to something and loves being around people. He is always making sure that everyone else is ok. I love the way his smile takes over your whole face, but I can live without the tanties! You are both such individuals and such little sweeties.
We had our usual birthday morning presents in our bed - which is already getting squishy. My plan of colour coding worked fairly well - just Dad is a bit slow on the uptake. Benji's gifts are wrapped in blue and Spencer's in red (I have green of the same paper for Xander) and those gifts to share are half and half. Alexander helped make drawstring bags for the boys to carry their trains in, and he made paper to wrap them in. I think it is very important to get the kids involved in giving as well as receiving, however as I was going to sleep last night, I thought maybe the twins need to give each other something - as they are brothers too? Another dilema to overcome!
We had Mum, Dad and Paul over for dinner and Spencer's eyes have gone down significantly since this morning which is great. They got a train set which was enjoyed by all. A lovely end to a lovely day.

(This may just be the christmas photo- cropped the cake out and include more tree (sans decorations) but not so keen about being in it!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment