Tuesday, December 27

Epic Fail

I do have failures - more often than not these occur in the kitchen. My severe lack of both planning and patience is usually the cause.
This was meant to be a gingerbread christmas sleigh complete with reindeers. I made the gingerbread as per the recipe on the cutter box. Seems I didn't cook it long enough and even with killer strength royal icing, there was no saving these walls. They were stuffed full of paper and held up on the outside with boxes but there was nothing that could be done. It also didn't help that I did it Christmas morning in between present opening and heading to lunch at mums. I couldn't get this thing together on my bench there was no chance of transporting it!!
On the positive side, I did cut some gingerbread men and the kids had fun decorating these up. They too were a little soft but fun was had and that was the objective.

No comments:

Post a Comment