Wednesday, January 23

UFOs

I packed my machines just in case I got lucky and had a chance to sew and I did!! In a last minute rush, I packed a heap of UFO's or un - finished objects that had been hanging around - some longer than a year! And on our holiday I got the chance to whip them up. 

1. Kids PJ's. These are my stock standard and I found some Dr Seuss Lorax fabric, craft cotton, at Darn Cheap for only $7.50 per meter. So I got some of the panel and one of the coordinating prints. Matched with a t shirt that I had (in stock!!). The boys each got to choose the panel for their shirts which I cut out and stuck on with vlizofix (double sided sticky affixes with hot iron) and then an applique stitch. 



2. Satin pants. These are so comfy with side pockets - that arent very flattering on my but I like them. There is a slight stretch to this fabric and the waistband is cotton lycra. I could dress them up with heels and a nice top but this is all I had with me. Its a burda pattern out of their magazine. Sorry can't find the pattern as I cut it out late August last year!



3. Vogue Dress. This is a lovely pattern. This dress is made out of a slight stretch drill from Spotlight. It is white and indigo and makes me think of the greek isles for some reason. I only needed to bind the neck and the sleeves on this for the last 6 months because I was put off by the pattern placement.
 but i have decided to get over that or wear a cardi.
 4. My favourite top - this one has been done a few times and i cut out this particular one November 2011 (yes not a typo) so I was pleased to sew it up. I don't have anything to wear it with so I think I need some electric blue jeans.Again this pattern is out of an old burda magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment