Thursday, February 12

Birthday gift

The helpers always come out of the woodwork when you are trying to take a photo!! With two of these little monkeys I find it very difficult to get anything - and I mean anything - done. We have a birthday party on the weekend, and while it is still warm, we have made her a personalised blanket. She lives in the hills and it gets very cold up there. Below is what it actually looks like. With no winter fabrics in stock yet, I found it quite hard to get my hands on some polar fleece. This one was not really the colour I was looking for, but it was the right stuff. It was actually double sided fleece which is bonded together. I pulled it apart to do the machine applique and then sewed it back together. It is approx 160 x 160 and folds into a pocket (a Quillo) which is about 40 x 40 so it forms a nice little pocket. Pulling the bonded fabric apart wasnt really a problem, however the residue stickyness that was all over my hands, the machine and everything else negates any benefits! It turned out ok though.


Bac

No comments:

Post a Comment