Saturday, February 28

Yeah me!

Its been a weird couple of days. There hasn't been much whirring of the machine as there has been the threat of more fires - thankfully they have not occurred- but we have been busy looking after friends in potential danger areas.
Today, with cooler weather and a party looming, the machine was uncovered and whirring again. The request was put in for a personalised towel, so I had to ablige.
Instead of wasting money and resources on expensive wrapping paper, I am trying to be a little more environmentally aware. So, my towel was packaged in another drawstring bag, which should be useful for other things too. I appliqued a j on the front of the bag (with the embroidery machine) and then a lightning bolt moment. I could do the same thing on the card! I have a stash of white cards which we use for every occasion, and it was so easy and really effective. I was so pleased with myself, my little 'yeah me' moment!! (Oh, and it looked SO good on the present table - even better)

No comments:

Post a Comment