Sunday, February 15

Urgh...bedtime

it starts to get dark and you can feel the rebellion rising.........no matter how tired these little boys are - they WILL NOT give in. I have tried sleep overs with Alexander but that didn't do much good. Even I wanted to jump from one matress to the other as they covered the floor!
What do they do? They just keep getting up,
and getting up
and getting up.
I have sat with them. I have read to them. I have tried controlled crying. I have tried reasoning with them. I have tried no eye contact. NOTHING IS WORKING. Tonight it took over an hour and a half but what makes it more difficult is that Alexander is ready to go to bed - and he goes quite readily, but our routine is to read a chapter of a book - currently Charlotte's web and she is just about to lay her eggs - and if I disappear the twins get another burst of energy.
Don't get me wrong, I am not expecting miracles (however one would always be nice) and Alexander was not easy to get to bed, however this is truly double trouble. One starts to settle and nod off, and the other starts to jump on the bed. I get up to settle the bed jumper, only to have the other one break into tears. It is just getting beyond a joke - like being stuck in a bedtime groundhog day. Once they actually fall asleep it is fine and I am lucky and thrilled that they sleep but I am beginning to HATE the time from 7-9pm. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I'm writing this - seeing as I am such an expert ;-) lol NOT

    Just a thought - don't know if you have tried it or if it will work but what about splitting them up?

    Maybe you could get Alexander on side and ask him if he would share his room? At least until this phase passes. Put one of the twins in with him. Sort of lead by example?

    Other than that I can only think of bribery and I'm not sure if that's recommended in those parenting books ;-)

    I'll keep thinking about :-)

    Luv Robyn

    ReplyDelete