Tuesday, February 3

School is Cool

Our little boy on his first day of school today, and what a day! There were no tears, no pushing, he was eager, excited and so ready to go. While there is much debate about holding kids back etc, I think this is a really individual choice, and you really need to know your own children. I was pretty sure Alexander would go when he was scheduled to, even though he only turned 5 in January and today I felt we'd done the right thing. He is eager to learn new things, meet new people and just get out there and do it! We got a quick kiss at the door and he was off - he didn't even look back. Just hung his bag up and sat down to start work. We stood at the window watching for a while, waiting to see if he would need us or if there was anything else to do, but he was already engrossed in coversation with a new friend that he didn't even see us leave. He is well and truly a school boy now with a very proud mum and dad.









2 comments:

  1. Well I sure had a tear in my eye reading this post.

    I can't believe my lil man has grown up so fast and is now a big school boy - my gosh Nic, where did those years go???

    BIG HUG & Lots of Luv 2 all.
    Robyn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my daughter got in first with the same thoughts that I was thinking. I remember her telling me about this great person she had met and that she (the friend, not Robyn) was pregnant. I am so pleased she has a friend like you Nic.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete