Wednesday, June 19

Elephant Silhouette Picture frame

A new little baby entered the world today - a third little boy for my dear friend. (The boys say a new Faux Cousin) and now that he is here I can share his gift.

Thanks to pinterest, I had a good idea what her theme was. No surprise about the grey and white, but elephants was a constant thread, so I went with that. I had seen some voile at Spotlight some time ago and grabbed it for wraps. Even though my boys were summer babies, I loved a voile wrap for everything from shade on the pram or in the carseat, or putting over your shoulder when you feed. The fabric is nice and wide - 160 so I made a simple square - overlocked it and double folded the hem. The only problem was all the colour ran when I prewashed it - particularly on the red so I hope i got it all out otherwise everything will have a pink tinge.

The other was this picture frame which I was so happy how it turned out.
I used my silhouette machine for this. I found an elephant image online and scanned it into the program and repeated. The white paper has a sheen and a texture to it. The grey is more matte with a little sparkle.
 The frame is a deep set one from Ikea. The elephants are stuck on with small double sided sticky raised dots so that they sit away from the grey and when the little guy finally got his name I wrote that on the bottom elephant.
Welcome little Baxter!

No comments:

Post a Comment