Friday, June 6

A bit of gardening...


I was born with black thumbs. Not literally, but in the gardening sense. I am trying to change this but I just loose interest. We have a vegie patch which is growing well and the frangipanis which are amazing for Melbourne are all going well- but that is about it. The rest of our yard is square grass - or weeds!

Since we have been building the garden has got even less attention but I was moved to action today. Well, I had to really. I love hydrangeas. My nana's driveway used to be overflowing with the dark green bushes that were always exploding with colour. She used to have pink and blue ones growing together. I think she even had a white one. I usually kill them but now we have a nice cool area where they should thrive.

My aunt lovingly raised some cuttings for me and they have been sitting derelict on our front porch for about 2 weeks. I had tripped over a pot again on my way in - so they were going into the ground. The boys had a good play and I did some serious weeding - with a shovel!

Here are the before photos and some action shots by A. There is still a bit to do, but all 12 plants are in the soil and there is an edged garden bed in here! Still a work in progess but we are getting there....

No comments:

Post a Comment