Tuesday, June 3

On a lighter note - some Sewing!


Sorry about the weight of yesterdays post - should come with a tissue warning.
Here are some things in the making. The bottom two pictures are for the boys - obviously the dresses are not but we'll get to that.
I am constantly frustrated by the lack of variety available for boys. The clothes are usually dark drab colours, have scribble writing all over them (the same as mens clothes - which I cant stand) or the 'bright' clothes are covered in branding such as Bob, Thomas, Ninja Turtles or the worst - Pooh. (Yes I know this is all over the huggies nappies!)
So over the weekend mum and I had a couple of hours while the twins were asleep and thanks to Shrek 2, were able to cut out a red tracksuit, a purple tracksuit, three pairs of striped trousers, a green and an aqua fleece and three striped hoodies. Just so you don't think I have a bit of a sound of music complex happening, the plan is not for the three kids to wear the same. I do however dress the kids in similar or matching outfits. Easier on me and at this point they dont care- this may change over time. So now they only need to be sewn! Hopefully that will be this winter.
The other two dresses I found on the gap website (www.gap.com) . I found these in the kidswear section (babygirl) but I love them, and I think they would be quite good scaled up for adults. That will be a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment