Saturday, June 28

Some of my work


Finally I have some finished projects. These have been on the sewing table for a while. The embroidered blanket it what all of my friends get when their new baby is born. I usually try and have a really quick turnaround but these were a bit different. A friend had idential twin girls (there are lots of twins around me!!) and there was a delay with the names.

Both little girls are healthy and happy. Their mum loves leopard print, so rather than the usual pink, aqua or navy backing, I needed to do something a bit different. So I chose the backing but could only get velour. With the black and white theme in place I chose the panda design. One blanket had been finished for a while - the other was lingering. The pile on the fabric makes it nearly impossible to sew and the zebra print was slightly off grain and would just twist-- ugh!

So here they are all finished and packaged ready to be delivered on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment