Sunday, June 15

No Sunday Funday

With the big squirrel's business only in its infancy, we try to have a family day at least once a week. Life gets pretty hectic and we try to make a day that is just about family. It was not to be this week.

I am on the kinder committee. I joined because I like to be involved in community and in A's life and thought this was a good way to do it. Let me say this - it is a big job. I have scored the maintenance roll - given the Big Squirrels background - it was the best suited to me. However it is a lot of work and running around.

Today was working bee. 23 families had said they would attend. 7 families did - pretty poor show. I was not expecting them all, but really. All the jobs I had planned for (bought materials and tools for) got done - but mostly thanks to the big squirrel. The last job of the day was the fridge. It had ice packed in the fridge as well as the freezer. We were nearly finished cleaning it out when it was gone. A stabbing fatality and we could not save her - the wound was too deep. So off with the doors and out onto the nature strip.

Now - something else to fill my time - shopping for a replacement fridge - Oh the job of maintenance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment