Friday, June 27

Play date recipie


We had one of our first kinder play dates today - it was after kinder so they were both a bit tired, but they had fun and all in all it was successful.

Kinder finishes just before lunch so I set the kids up making lunch - for a bit of an activity. I had all the ingredients set out and they got to it. I was taking a risk as I hadn't tried the recipie before - but it was SO EASY AND SO GOOD that I have to share it.

First I made aprons out of tea towel - just out a bit of tape on them to tie around their necks and waist. They even fit me~! Now you may have all made pinwheels and I may be slow on the uptake but these are from the Womens Weekly Healthy Food for kids..

I have adapted it slightly but it is:
300g/2 cups self raising flour
30g butter - room temp
3/4 cup milk (180ml)
1 tbs castor sugar
then the filling. We had two different types, tomato stir in sauce, ham and grated cheese and vegemite and cheese.
Sift the flour, mix in the sugar and rub in the butter with your fingers. Add the milk and mix to a sticky dough. Roll it out on a sifted surface to 30cm x 40cm.
Then layer on your filling. The tomato paste added some 'juice' before the ham and cheese went on. Roll it up from the long side and then cut into 12 pieces. Place these into a greased tin - we used a cake tin which was perfect. Bake in oven for about 30mins on 180-200 degrees.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment