Monday, February 11

My Secret Addiction

I am not a big shopper. Well, let me correct that. I am not a big spender. I love love LOVE to look and wander the shops, yet I am the ultimate tight arse and cant justify the price of things. This may also be because I can sew. I usually look at things and think "I could make that for a quarter the price" and then never do. Fuelling this is my little addition on the internet.
McCalls patterns are for sale online. They have McCalls, Butterick, Kwik Sew and Vogue all under one umbrella. These are full paper patterns, delivered to your door at just a fraction of the price. Not only are they cheap but many of the designs are not yet available in Australia, so they are cheap and unique - what better combination.
I know you are asking - How Cheap. Well here is my maths. The recent sale had McCalls and Butterick patterns for US 99 cents and Vogue were US $2.99. To put it in perspective, the pattern for that red dress is usually US$30! Ok, I do have to pay for postage but for three patterns the postage is $15, but for 4 -7 it is $25. When you buy 8 the postage is up to $55, then it is cheaper to buy two lots of 7.  See I have worked it all out. This last bundle was under $40 for 7 patterns,  which I think is great value - as long as I use some of them!!
If you want to check out their site it is Here

No comments:

Post a Comment