Sunday, March 7

FIGJAM

Yes, that too, but we actually made jam from figs! I was excited because it is actually the first time I have ever made jam. I don't know how I have lead such a sheltered existance, but it was fun, and not at all hard. It was a really great exercise in the process of where our food comes from - this was from tree to table. Our neighbours tree to be precise - well actually no one is there at the moment and they are growing over our side of the fence -but we did have to reach a bit for some- lets not mention the ladder. Anyway, we have figs, from a tree, and Alexander wanted to make jam, so we did.
Got to love Mr Google, who just tells me everything, step by step with pictures and all I needed was pectin. After a quick walk up the shops we got Jamsetta which did the trick. We followed the recipe on the back and ta da a nice small batch of Jam of the Fig.

1 comment: