Thursday, March 4

Step back in time....

Me, and 47,000 others experienced a time warp last night at the George Michael concert. It has been a very very long time since I have even been to a concert, so a stadium could have been really bad and I still would have loved it. Having said that, he was actually better live than I could have imagined. He catered to his middle aged crowd by having a few dancing numbers and then a nice sit down ballad. Maybe for his benefit too!

I went on a nostalgic journey of my own with his music - making up danced to wham at primary school, the upraw Faith at the house concerts, driving my blue datsun 120Y round town and dancing to Too Funky at Redheads. Hearing a crowd of 47000 sing along to a soppy ballad of Careless Whisper was actually moving, but we boogied a farewell to him with Freedom and we all could do with a bit of that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment