Monday, March 22

rOCK ME

(sorry, Alexander did an ABBA medley at school this morning and it has been in my head all day) This is my latest little project - guitar rattle. Not an original idea but this i smy take on them. I saw large ones in LMNOP magazine (No. 10) and I thought iit would be a perfect rattle for the newest little boy (who's dad plays guitar) In the magazine there were kids with large size padded guitars, so after a trip to spotlight for some spots and stripes my idea was coming to fruition. I dre a pattern on a piece of A4 paper (to give you an idea of size) and cut two of them out of the red spot fabric. Then I used felt to applique the squares on to indicate strings etc. I sewed these on with the machine before I sewed the main parts together.
Before I turned it in the right way, I trimmed around it with pinking shears - then turned and stuffed (hard stuffed particularly around the end of the neck) I left the base of the guitar open and hand sewed it up. However before doing that I made a little bag into which I put three little bells (christmas style) but they rattle rather than jingle but for a first attempt I am pretty happy.
(lovely hand modelling to show you about how big it is finished.)

No comments:

Post a Comment