Monday, March 15

SewJourn

I had a lovely little get away to SewJourn over the weekend with a lovely bunch of women I met when Alexander was at kinder. We have been once before so we were all prepared for a major sewing session. Around the glorious catering and serene country walks I actually managed to get all of this made - and nearly finished. There are three pairs of flanellette PJs for the boys for easter, a plastic bag for the present cupboard....
We made these great loyalty card holders - you know Spotlight card, coffee club cards etc from a tutorial here - very easy and quick to make using scraps - there is even a selvidge one. Our kinder teachers are getting them for Christmas - getting in early!!
Two half made and one dressed Poppy Dolls from here. Mine are done out of calico and will look much better when their heads are sewn on!
Two wraps tops, one for me and one for a birthday gift. ( remind me to show you how easy these are to whip up)
This dress which is using a scarf that I was given. It does need a black sash to tie around the neck and once that is in it will look good with a black belt. It is essentially like the little girls pillowcase style dress - oh and also a skirt which I forgot to put in this photo - actually I wonder where it is. Not a bad effort for one day and one evening sewing. I had to leave early on Sunday morning to get back for the fair. I told you those wraps were really quick to make!!

No comments:

Post a Comment