Sunday, March 21

Mens PJs

(kwik sew pattern 3044)
A dear friend of mine has recently been dealt some shocking news and all of a sudden her husband is in hospital undergoing treatment. This was really out of left field and no one was prepared - least of all him.

Of course everyone has rallied around to help them in anyway that they can, and my way is at the sewing machine. A different (male) said that most men don't have any PJs and the only time they would need them was in hospital - and this is what I did.

He is only young and I know that buying any kind of fabric for boys is hard. I also wanted cotton and a stretch as if you are in bed you need comfort and light weight, but also to look ok if you have visitors. I found this one at spotlight - it is a knit and made in burda pattern 8187 which is a track pants pattern. This is the pattern that I did but the length is pretty good and a bit interesting...

The next ones I am a bit embarrassed about. I actually went and bought good quality cotton viscose fabric from a boutique - then I prewashed it and it looks like they are 20 years old. SO I think these look a bit ordinary but knowing him they will probably be his favourite. I used a basic Kwik Sew pattern 3044 which is a one piece pattern (ie no external side seam) Really the less this fabric was sewn the better - I was worried it would fall apart around me. THis is why I don't normally prewash fabric (dont tell anyone)

No comments:

Post a Comment