Wednesday, May 5

Make Under My Life...

I have been the Mayor of Crankytown of late, or maybe the Queen. Yes, the Queen of Crankytown. I have been quite in my reign, wallow in my own unhappiness. Everything and everyone is making me Cranky and I am sure my less-than-positive outlook has rubbed others the wrong way in return.

I don't know if it is a rut, or a combination of things, the moon, worries about everything from money to education to returning emails - whatever it is i get into a grumpy hole so deep that I cant get out - nor am I even interested in making any attempt to try and fix it.

Our weekly knitting always makes me feel better, but I stumbled on this post and just thought WOW!! It really hit me that I have been a dreamer all my life - scared off by FEAR.

I had a bit of a look around the Makeunder My Life Blog. Some of the concepts are great and I think could help reduce the number of pity parties I host for myself. The general idea of Makeunder My Life is that you need to design the life you want - and you can get there through additions and substractions. I have a lot of crap getting in the way -of everything. The end of week exfoliation concept is fantastic - each week you get rid of something that doesn't fit your intended life. It could be making room for something that does but that is not always the case. I know I hang onto sooooooo many things 'just in case'. Like a box of toilet rolls - just the cardboard, incase we need them for crafting.

So - I am going to say it out loud, I think I will be packing up my boxes - clearing out the cupboards and moving out of Crankytown...........

3 comments:

  1. hooray for you.
    i have just book marked the site and looking forward to reading it in peace tonight and maybe we can meet on the path out of cranky town !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spent the last month getting rid of stuff and I know that I am feeling better about my lot at the moment, lighter or something?!? I had a great time last night, i'm so looking forward to our weekend away.

    ReplyDelete