Monday, May 24

TWO!!!!!

Life's funny isn't it. Today, two years ago we had a lovely gathering of mothers and daughters at our place. Robyn and I worked together back when I was pregnant with Alexander and I had read Jo's blog and it was this day that Jo set me up with this blog.
Now I am celebrating my two year anniversary of blogging. After two years and 569 posts I am still ignorant to many functions, rules and the proper ettiquite of blogging. I love getting comments but don't know how to get the noreply function off. I still use a preset templates and I have no idea how many people even look here, if any, but thats one I am happy to be in the dark about! I would rather spend my time reading about you than any instructions.
Surprisingly I have found blogging to be very therapeutic. I feel like I am a member of a secret community - a secret bloggy community all of whom have something to offer. I see this place as my secret identity - not in some 'masked crusader' kind of way, but in a way that I tell you a whole lot more secrets than I tell anyone else. It isn't here I wear my mask - but everywhere else. I have made some lovely friends through this, our weekly knitting group - and am now looking forward to a weekend away with them. Never would have guessed I would be making real, in the flesh friends with whom I am comfortable enough to go away with!
I am pretty good at keeping up my secret identity. I don't publicise my blog- in fact my friends don't even know I do it- not even Facebook "friends". Friends at the school gate hardly even know I sew (and I think that is best kept to myself especially in the lead up to school productions!) I am not embarrassed by it, I just don't think people would be interested in it, or even understand why I do it.
Why do I do it? For me this is like my diary, and I have found it helpful to write things and in some weird way share them. Once the post is published, to me it is finished and I feel some sort of relief, the weight off my shoulders. I enjoy reading your blogs because it helps me to feel like I am not alone. Not only is it a sense of 'like people', but it is the sharing of real stuff - the daily struggles or internal turmoils ,that stuff that we dont always share, but all can relate to and understand. I also love the inspiration, the sharing of ideas and skills. I have always loved handmade, and enjoy the thought, effort and love that goes with that. It is nice to share a place where this is celebrated.
So thank you for letting me be part of the secret club.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 2 years blogging. Must be great to look back and see what you've made and things you've learned. It's been wonderful to meet and get to know you - looking forward to our weekend away. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post nic. i cant believe its been 2 years, how time flies and what lovely memories you and your family have. i too am happy to be part of blog land thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I blog for the same reason and not many others know that I blog. It's another sense of community which I feel quite safe and inspired. I hope you have many more blogging years of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a whole lot longer than 2 years since I first heard of Nic. It's been a pleasure to watch you and your family grow and an even greater pleasure to have you as a friend to both my girls. You are an inspiration (and you had better believe that). Gill

    ReplyDelete