Tuesday, May 4

She Beads

Some time ago I saw a friend with these great bracelets on. She explained they were a special hand rolled bead and really expensive. I was intrigued and thought they looked like Fimo - polymer clay, and I reckoned they would be fairly easy to make (!!) So I bought my Fimo and had a go. What I didn't realise was how much Fimo has evolved since the 80's when I last used it. I picked colours I liked from a limited range planning a green bead, I got shades of yellow and blue - only to find one yellow was translucent and as such when it was cooked lost its colour. As such the beads which were nicely contrasting really lost a lot once they were done.
Ina waiting room I found an ad for the beads - in VOGUE and was directed to their website. What I did find out was how much they really cost which gave me more incentive to have a bit more of a go. I also have a book on polymer clay techniques so stay tuned for round two.

No comments:

Post a Comment