Friday, May 7

Mothers Day Craft

This is an easy little idea that I impressed with at playgroup. It wasn't my idea, I found it here via One Pretty Thing. I chose to make these pendants as we (playgroup) all have too many kids but they are simply made out of Fimo or polymer clay. As you know I did actually have this lying around and the kids had a good time.
The kids worked the fimo and rolled it into a nice shapped ball. Then with a little help they pressed their finger in which flattened it out enough. Then with a skewer I put a hole in the top and cooked them for about 15 minutes. Once cooled I slipped a key ring loop through the top which I put some beads on for decoration.
These ones are a little overcooked as I was in a rush and cooking cooking party pies for lunch at the same time. Spencer's is meant to be yellow but it actually looks like Amber. I may try again using white fimo with the idea of putting a bit of black texta to bring out the finger print. (My understanding is you colour in with permanent texta over the fingerprint and then lightly rub over with a baby wipe- but I am yet to try it)
This long necklace is for mum for mothers day. It is a rich coral pink colour with light centres but you can't really see with the flash against my benchtop. Also matching clip on earrings. Lucky she doesn't come here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment