Tuesday, May 11

Weight on my mind

I bought new scales because the other ones were broken. We don't use them alot but the glass in the dial had broken - otherwise they were ok. The new ones are slimline and digital and have all these great(?) functions such as calculating your BMI and bone density - however I am not really sure how the scale figures that last one out. Like with any new toy, I put in my details, age(I used the real one), height and then had to get on.......


I was really not prepare for the outcome. I know I have not been on scales for a while, new scales are often different to the old ones, I have spent some nights eating icecream in front of the Biggest Loser but I didn't think I was......o...oh ....OH!....obese!!
(this isn't actually me- like I would ever pose like that!!)
Yup. The scales practically yelled "Get off me fatty before you break me!!!" Obese. Honestly, there are 5 good kilos that shouldn't be there (the Biggest Loser ones) and then some I would like to disappear, but calling me Obese is a little outside the realm of reality. I would have said overweight - or "overfat" as my scales so eloquantly put it.

So guess what - yes I am on another diet!! This one is basically based on the Atkins one - no carbs and lots of protein. I am up to day four and am staying far away from those scary scales. Today I am finally allowed to eat something other than pure protein. I thought I was about to turn into an egg! I have just been hanging out for something with a bit of crunch - lettuce even. Assuming it actually helps me lose weight (it promised 5kg in the first 11 days) I am actually not hungry. I am drinking all my water (2-3l) and am allowed tea and coffee with milk. Normally my biggest hurdle is giving up my beloved cuppa.

So while the scales rule the bathroom, me and protein bars will have to become friends.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this on the small screen of my iPhone, I couldn't see the fine print at first. I thought, gee you're awfully brave to post a photo of yourself in your knickers. I don't like to show myself at all on my blog.

    My scales had a smudge on the glass for a while - making the 9 look like a 5. That was nice until I stood on the scales wet from the shower and the smudge came off. Hope the diet continues to pay off.

    ReplyDelete