Thursday, July 15

bl**&^&$y bureaucracy!


Just in case you didn't guess I am on for a rant! About kinder - yes the kinder that I have served as a VOLUNTEER on their committee for three years now, even a year when I didn't have any children attending as I wanted to secure them a place.

Guess what - no place or places as the case is. The council runs the central enrollment "have no record' of my previous enrollment and as such we will miss out on first round offers. Now I know that we may be lucky with second round offers but this is not the case. I am already being pressured to be president on the committee (which has only brought me angst this year) and even that does not guarantee the boys a spot.
Now I am planning on fighting the system, if I sent the forms and they have no record whose at fault. Maybe I should take photocopies of forms I submit or send them registered mail but these are only ideas I have had in hindsight and in reality I am lucky to get a form in on time in the first place.

So the afternoon was spent trying to find alternatives - a different council and looking at expensive ELC's and childcare as opposed to sessional kinder. Not what I wanted to spend my day doing but in reality it actually may be a better option (trying to find silver lining)
Oh, and since I am on a whinge, my arms hurt - bloody pilates!

No comments:

Post a Comment