Sunday, July 25

Stripe Top

With Masterchef all done and dusted - how good did that snow egg look? I now need something else to do. I am resisting turning the TV on and get sucked into something else so the machine has been brought out to the family room.

I have set up a temporary evening space where I can sew and get creating. I bought this great double knit at Cutting Edge in Glenferrie Road on Saturday during our walk and it was begging to be made up. This is the pattern that I based my top on. I know it looks daggy, but it forms a good base.


I had to run the sleeves and alter the side for fit. The other alterations were decorative. I decided to double the cuff and use the reverse side to contrast the stripe. For the hem I simply overlocked it and turned it out rather than under to make a bit of a feature again out of the stripe. The neckline is just turned under. I had contemplated a band but with the corsage of flowers I thought it would just be too much.

The corsage is really a random freeform design with two leaves with decorative stitch and five 'flowers' in different sized. I am still thinking about putting some kind of button or similar in the centre of the flowers but I will wear it without for a while. It will go great with my new cocoon cardi from Kmart. A $5 find which I will blog about later......

1 comment:

  1. You wore this top last week at knitting and I was thinking about it on the way home. I loved the corsage on the front. I had no idea you made it but I should have guessed. It's gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete