Friday, July 30

A woolen dress



Today's project even got an outing today. If I get something new, whether it is handmade or purchased - it has to go out. If it doesn't get an outing in its first week - it probably wont. There are very few things that I don't wear which is why it probably always looks like I am wearing something new!!


I started this dress back on our weekend away. It is a cheap knitted fabric that I can't actually remember where I got it - wither Darn Cheap or SuperCheap fabrics - from those names you can imagine that I didn't pay much for it!!

I altered a discarded McCalls Pattern by adding the arm bands and the cowl neck and am pretty happy with it. I wore it with a black base, a skivvy and my black slim pants. The mum who has the same dress as me actually had it on today so I was glad we didn't 'snap'. My secret seems to be slipping out as they were asking where the dress came from and I had to confess that I made it. I hope it doesn't travel too far on the school grapevine as I will be sewing school costumes before I know it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment