Thursday, July 29

Special Agent Zac

The twins are obsessed with Mickey Mouse (courtesy of Playhouse Disney). Mum bought some cheap tshirts and machine embroidered them with Mickeys and the boys love them however Alexander felt a bit left out. He would have happily had a matching tshirt but I felt he should have something that he likes. I decided to surprise him with a Zac Power shirt.

I traced the image from the front of the book onto freezer paper and cut the image out with a knife. Simply iron the image onto the tshirt and you have a stable stencil. A quick paint with some black acrylic paint mixed with some textile medium and oi la!
I actually painted onto white cotton homespun because I hadn't bought the tshirt yet. Then I stitched it onto the shirt.

I had some left over paint mixed up so I used the reverse transfer onto a white pillow case. I had planned to add some trim or decorative stitch (a masculine one) down the edges, but it is on his bed already and he loves it. He loves it and there is one less job to do!!

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea, i am going to copy this one for hugo !!!! hope you dont mind !!!!

    ReplyDelete