Tuesday, July 6

Transport


I have had the best day ever! I set myself a bit of a mission and it was truly lovely. I have been talking to the kids a bit about transport, and today we did it. I drove up to the station and caught the tram into the city. We played at Fed Square all afternoon, looking at the gallery, the gallery shop (one of my favourite places), the kids gallery which was about light play and reflections, had some lunch at a cafe which served the biggest fairy bread I have ever seen. Then we saw a FREE play by Poygot theatre which was based on Jack and the Beanstalk and used pupperty brilliantly. We could have made our own sock puppet, but that would have been pushing the friendship. We caught the train home. back into the car and they are all riding bikes in the back yard.
This was the first time the twins have been on public transport. I have always deemed it too hard - even the car has often been too much with all three on my own, but I am so proud of how they all managaged. Each had a backpack with their snacks and drinkbottle. There was no whinging or fighting, and we all looked after each other. I suppose it was how you imagine having kids to be - when the reality is SOOOOO not that. To top it all off the whole day cost significantly less than $50. If I had got up earlier, we could have had sandwiches and then it was only the cost of the tickets. Melbourne is so ace - all this free stuff just there waiting for you.

1 comment:

  1. wow, what a great day nic, sounds like fun. good on you for taking the step and doing it. i had read about the puppetry and was keen to go...
    hope the holidays are good and you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete