Monday, July 12

to market, to market, to market!

I think almost everyone selling anything crafty or groovy was out in the city today. With lovely sunshine we wanted a walk, and rather than tackling Camberwell Market again, we headed into the city. (Yes twice in one week!) First we started at the tried and true Makers Market which has moved from under the bridge at southbank to all around the art centre and is actually better for it. There was space, nice lawn for the kids to have a run and play (albeit up a sculpture) we had a lovely wander. Sadly this is the only market where we bought anything - maybe because we could actually get to the stalls but we got a cute pair of leather shoes for my baby nephew.

Then we headed up to Federation Square for the Mark It which will be held again on 28 November. This was full of laser cut stuff and a few different things than usual. The place was absolutely packed and it was really difficult (especially with the kids in tow) to get in and look at too much - so I collected cards of some of my favourites.



  • The boys loved the giant hamburgers at third drawer down.

  • For the musician in yuor family these notebooks are so cute at Record Attempts

  • Cute brooches and necklaces by Love

  • Of course I am a bit partial to the laser cut squirrels at bride&wolfe

Finally we headed down to the car park under Fed Square. This, terribly groovy, market was The Melbourne Design Market. Again this market was pumping. It was dark, the DJ was mixing and there were heaps of hip people. We only managed a quick circuit as all the boys could see was very groovy bottoms of all the people. Again I collected some cards from where I could. I didn't manage to get the one from the shuttlecock seat which I thought was brilliant.



  • The funkiest bike bags and baskets - made me want to ride a bike just to have one.

  • I love these little gadgets - for creating moveable photogalleries of 6x4 pictures sans frames. I just couldn't work out how many. I think I should put these on my wish list.

  • Finally while not craft as much as clever design, I love this site and maybe will get to their shop in Little Lonsdale St, but that is another trip to the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment