Thursday, February 11

Every thing I got!

It has been a tough couple of days round here and my apple cart is well and truly upset!

While kinder was good on Monday and I left happily, Wednesday was the opposite. I couldn't get out of there and it escalated that Benji was having a full blown tantrum and not participating. They were tired, a bit off colour, which is no excuse, their behaviour was initially annoying and then upsetting. I ended up staying, doing duty - so all the plans I had for my whole 'hour off' flew out the window. The exhausted boys fell into bed as soon as they got home.

At the same time, the big squirrel picked up Alexander from school only to find out he had been in trouble and we needed to meet the school Principal. Not that this is ever something that you want, but a really didn't need everyone upset on the one day. There was a school information evening which I attended and sorted out his key issues with the teachers and Principal- which were somewhat exagerated when they were first told to me.

This led me to ask - What am I going to do? After a good cry, pointless I know but somehow cleansing, I have taken a deep breath and back to baby steps to see if we can get back on track. With play dates scheduled, more sleeps for the twins, I am constantly talking about things and their fears.

Swimming for the twins is a big fear - Spencer will actually get into the water, but Benji wont even take off his shoes. To try to make it seem a bit more fun, I have made these swimmers - just like the incredibles! Lets see if that works. A step in the right direction, they put them on...

And seem pretty happy about it - maybe because there was no pool in sight. Lets see how we go next week when there is water!! (Just an aside, I didn't realise how much alike these two look- but these pictures highlight what I can't normally see!)

1 comment:

  1. they look fantastic. bring them over here for a swim if you want, change of environment?

    ReplyDelete