Thursday, February 18

identical opposite

Last night I had a wonderful relaxing night with the knitting girls who, no matter how shitty things seem, they always make me feel better. I had a quiet night with a knife - sounds sinister but really just cutting a freezer print. I wasn't in the mood for wool and my latest project requires too much concentration. This had been something on my to do list for a long time - they are for the twins and I liked the irony for them - of course they are their usual colour codes. I didn't create the design, it is far too clever - it is by an artist by the name of Scott Kim done in 1981 and I believe it appears in his Inversion book.
On the school front, I have calmed down a little. While it was a difficult drop off with the twins, they did actually settle and seemed to enjoy the session. This of course relaxed me somewhat. I have drafted an email to the school because I think they deserve the opportunity to address some of my concerns (but I am also prepared to move him if we need to). I spent a few days drafting the email and was finally happy with it - direct but not too emotional - got the direct email address, took a deep breath and pressed send. GONE....................and then a message - almost immediately.....action???....no, Mail Administer returned. Maybe its a sign?

2 comments:

  1. they look fantastic
    hopefully you can sort all the school stuff out. if you need an ear, i'm here

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out beautifully. Worth all that delicate cutting work. x

    ReplyDelete