Thursday, February 25

new jewels

Well, jewels may be stretching the definition a bit, but I have finished my necklace - all those pesky ends sewn in. Note to self for next time - leave them a bit longer!
I am fairly happy with it - my crocheting skills got better as I went around, so it seems it may need to be a blue necklace - however I would have been happier if it were significantly longer. In my head I imagined it almost to my waist. A friend did come up with a great idea and I think this is the way I will wear it - mind you it is only fashioned for a quick photo here -

This way you get to see all the colours and it looks more interesting. Thanks Miss G!
Oh and I have to show you a shot of my new favorite bracelet! - Mr P drilled decorated and provided the dice, so all I had to do was string them together. I separated them with beads and picked up the red around the different die.
I am really happy with it and it has been on every day this week. All of the bits I had in my kit - only I wish the wish charm actually was chance or something a bit more along the destiny line, but wish will do. Now all I need is somewhere to go!

2 comments:

  1. nic i am loving the regular posts, and how good does your necklace look, i am going to have a go... and the braclet I WANT ONE, actually i want a Mr P in my life (as a brother !!!) i love it, what a great idea, i will have to pick your brain on how he did it, and where you got your charm from.
    you have such a clever family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks. There were some times I would have happily given Mr P away but its all good now! Happy to have brain picked but the little charm is from Spotlight in the bead section. I used a crimp to secure the beading wire and used it to connect to the parrot clasp on the other side.

    ReplyDelete