Friday, February 5

Sewing Projects

As you know I am trying not to spend money, (!!) and actually not doing too badly. In the week I have only had one coffee and really thinking twice about purchases. Then I remembered we had a couple of celebrations this month, so it was out to the garden shed and a search through the stash. I found this fabric which is actually cotton lycra and bought the end of the bolt. It has been hanging around for a bit, but perfect for PJ's. For the three year old party I made these raglan sleeve with a swing bottom. The lace was hanging around and picks up the white in the pattern and the bottoms are like leggings.
I used the same fabric for a nightie for a girlfriends daughter. We have been hanging out for her second baby to arrive and this is a present for the new big sister (who is almost 5). Alexander designed the card and i used this to do the fabric painting. The nightie is raglan sleeved - again it is long sleeved, I must be willing on the cooler weather. The book is from the present cupboard.
Total cost - $0, effect on stash - invisible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment