Tuesday, February 23

really?

With all this time freed up from the shakles of the glowing box, I am actually craving visual stimualtion. Today in the Herald Sun newspaper (I did say visual stimulation, not hard core news) was a fashion week lift out. This was the four page spread - current fashion spanning past decades/fads.
I was reading them and looking at the pieces. Now I can deal with the fact that the looks are styled and you wouldn't really wear them like this - well not to school pick up!
but I read a bit closer and couldn't get over the price of things.
Seriously - does anyone know anybody with a spare $5268 dollars to recreate this look? Or maybe $4261.95 for this one. I think its cheaper because you can't see the shoes. The Cacherel shirt is $495. Even for silk it is a fairly basic cut with a zigzag on the collar. Even in silk - which I am assuming it is, I cannot imagine paying essentially $500 for it. Personally I would even think twice at $50, and you would have to factor in drycleaning.
This one is quite reasonable at $3666 - reasonable I must be losing my mind. The mans outfit is $793 and he will get a lot more wear out if it than the womans which is more than 4 times more.
This one is $3176.95 - well I think I need every bit of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment