Friday, February 12

Hooker

This was the inspiration for my latest project - oh, the circle that is on the end of the blind - and the latest project is a crochet necklace. I am only a new hooker, so I just wanted a little project that wouldn't involve any financial outlay and wouldn't matter if I stuffed it up (or lost interest which is a bigger problem)
This is what I did:
These are cheap rings from a dollar store - I think they are the kind for keyrings - they are really very light and quite flimsy. As you can see, I worked with the links joined together - I will explain in a minute.
Then, using cotton thread I had, I crochet around the loop. I can't tell you what stitch I use because I dont reallyknow - maybe double crochet. I still have to stick the ends in but you get the point. Why I work with the rings linked is that once you have crocheted around a ring, you cannot get it off - so although the rings are very flimsy, once done, they wont come apart.
I have worked with three colours based on a necklace I saw on a soapie (Y&R fyi) I have 11 blue, 11 green and 6 white between both. The idea is that it can be a primarily blue or green necklace or multi coloured. When I have sewn in the ends I will show you it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment