Monday, February 1

Febusave

I have signed up for Febusave. I had heard about it and was thinking of doing it, but didn't plan very well because I have started today and not really stockpiled (which I suppose is not really the point anyway)

What is it? Essentially it is run by the ANZ bank :( and the idea behind it is to get women in particular setting financial goal and not only having more understanding but also control over their finances. I actually signed up as I could win $5000. That would be a good way to increase my savings since I don't actually work!

How I am thinking about it is not so much as saving, but not spending. Oh, and don't think the Big Squirrel gets out of this scott free - no sir-ee. He is on the plan too, and its probably a bigger challenge for him. What have we set out to do:
  • For the month of February on spend money on essentials. That is to pay the bill and necessities - but nothing else.
  • So we can pay the mortgage, the internet, the phone etc but even with these bills, cut down where we can, such as decrease electricity etc.
  • We can buy necessities but I want to limit these too - not go without food, but budget when we buy them and get what we need in one shop as opposed to popping to the shops and these a random $60 for bread and milk! The same with petrol - bugeting and getting onto the cheaper cycle which can save up to 30cents per litre!
  • No takeaway so I will have to plan meals more carefully and get the big squirrel into the kitchen to get a night off!!
  • As I wont be buying things, there will be no coffees, no snacks at shopping centres, no icecreams, lunch will be packed at home, and no craft supplies. This means I will have to actually be creative and use the stash. So presents and cards will be of the homemade variety or from the present cupboard (which should be sorted out anyway).

School started today and the boys start kinder this afternoon so wish me luck as I try to adjust my thinking (and my wallet!) Now, off to pay the bills!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment