Sunday, July 27

A bit of help needed

Help comes in all different forms - but usually you have to ask for it.

The big squirrel has been working really long hours lately and that can make it hard at home. M mum and dad come over today to offer some relief which was greatly welcomed. It also helped because when I woke up today I remembered I hadn't done the squirrels GST and it was due!!! I dont want an $800 fine so it had to be done. After a lot of nagging I eventually convinced Nan and Popeye to take all the kids out - ANYWHERE!! It is only the second time since they were born I have been at home by myself. Images of relaxing and pampering should be quickly forgotten as I was hunched over the PC drowning in a sea of receits. But it did all get finished and off to the ATO in time - yeah!!

Now on a different matter I need your help. You are aware that I have made the present pact - and it is getting hard already!! Alexander has been invited to a 5 year old party at Kew Riding School - so there is a bit of a transport theme. He is a lovely little boy with an older brother (about 8) and another baby due literally any minute.
Some of my ideas were:
  • An apron with cookie cutters shaped in hammers etc that I bought from the Magnolia Market in Brighton- with an audio cookbook (I thought this may be a bit hard on his mum with a new baby but not sure)
  • A costume - not sure about dinosaur or any variations on the theme. These are fairly easy to whip up. I do like a police costume - especially given the transport theme - but that is what his dad is - so they have the real thing.
  • A top or two - say a longsleeve raglan top with some kind of pattern on the front - a bit boring for the boy!
  • I have a hot wheels racing set where two kids race each other on bikes - I had this in my present cupboard - bought on sale...

I like to do books or educational type toys for friends birthdays. I don't know what they already have or really what he likes to do. I don't like getting them say Spiderman or transformers. If you have any great ideas I would LOVE to hear them. It doesn't matter if it is last minute - I am known to be whipping things up at the last minute...

1 comment:

  1. hi there
    apron with cookie cutters would be great - H and i would love that !!
    any dress up costume is loved by all so if you're doing the tail then, that would be good.

    ReplyDelete