Wednesday, July 2

Suck it up!

Some days just suck.

I could leave it there and I know you would all agree. I am feeling better after our aeroplane 'crash' but I think it always takes time for these things to really repair. So, I had decided today was going to be a good day- but not so far. I finally hussled all the kids out the door to playgroup. Alexander hadn't been since kinder so it was all going to be a bit weird. The only thing weird was the lack of people - only us and one other family.

So a nice intimate play happened with the twins and her child, and while chatting she tells me the bad news that she and her partner have split up. At least it is all amicable, but the whole thing just sucks. Not a very nice place to be in.

Spencer fell out of a box and they were all getting tired and ratty so we came home. After a lunch of left over turkey, I allowed them a quick play before their sleep. Well, one was in my sewing cabinet undoing cottons at a rate of knots, only to spin around to see the other spreading pins all over the carpet from the pincushion he had swiped. It is hard enough to get time to 'do' anything, let alone have to pack it up all the time.

With the twins tucked into bed and Alexander engrossed in Ratatouille I may sneak some time for some handsewing of Peter Pan - and a minor pin hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment