Thursday, July 3

Saving Money - some plans

So, my Make Do Mend mentality - what am I doing. Some of the things are simple and some of them I simply should have been doing anyway.
  • Banking. I have taken the time to look at our accounts and there are lots of charges and fees for things that can be reduced. I have an appointment with them to talk about changing some of these things
  • Credit card - simple - pay it off each month. It is a matter of knowing when it is and doing it, not leaving it at the maximum and paying it to buy something else.
  • Coffee - learning to love nescafe and tea - from home.
  • Stopping daily delivery of the newspaper.
  • Saving energy and water - we are watching and limiting our lights and wasting resources
  • Never, never, never buy pay full price
  • trying to shop at Aldi - but struggling getting my food thrown at me
  • I worked today and I took my lunch. Not only was it much nicer, but I saved about $10 from the awful sandwich shop there.
  • Taking the time to watch what we do spend our money on and assess whether we need to make each purchase
  • We have a saving goal in mind - competition works best for the big squirrel. Once I can get him on board we have a chance of saving.
  • Our vegie patch - the idea is to be a little sustainable, however we have had one dwarf carrot from the winter crop. It is growing but slowly.
  • Watching wasting petrol just 'driving' and buying petrol on Tuesdays - with dockets
They are all little things but will add up in the end - I hope. Happy to hear any of your ideas too.

No comments:

Post a Comment