Sunday, July 6

My dream bike


Part of my new philosophy is to get a bit healthier and get a bit greener - as well as saving money. So a bike has been on the radar for a while - but there are a few downsides - three young children, a main road and living on a big hill!

Given those constraints, the big hill is one that wont change - but the main road and children need to be managed. Alexander isn't skilled enough yet to ride his bike solo yet, but he is getting closer. The twins are WAY OFF. So the challenge has been how to get them around without the car. We have bought one of those bike trailers which do fit the twins, but it is a bit unstable. The problem is when I get off the bike, the bike falls over and the trailer is really wobbly which makes getting in and out of it quite difficult.

I had watched an episode of the ABC's Carbon Cops some time back and they had this great bike. My brother was over today and we were chatting about potentially building one. For some reference we were surfing the net and found some rickshaw style bikes, but the kids were at the back. Then we stumbled on the Danish Christiania bike. This is the one I have been fantasizing about for the last 6 months - and have finally found out what it is and a local distributor. Have more of a look at www.psbikes.com.au

2 comments:

  1. omg! how bizzarre!! we were seriously looking at selling a car and getting one of these bikes. We contacted the guy, he emailed a price list, we chose what we wanted, he organised to deliver one to us for a test week... then nothing!?! we never heard from the guy from psbikes ever again, obviously isn't very keen for our business? ... I hope that you get better service if you choose to go down this path... email me if you want me to forward the price list (ouch!).

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised that there weren't more around. Maybe thats why. He emailed me the price list - I am still trying to get over the shock - there is no motor in it!!!! It still may be a pipe dream.

    ReplyDelete