Friday, August 8

Felt Rocks



I have been blog surfing for a while now and I get seriously LOST in them. So firstly my apologies for not referencing where this is from because I have already wasted over two hours trying to find where I was so I am sorry. It is someone who does great paintings on river stones and had also felted them. Now I think she referred to Martha Stewart how to page but I couldn't find that either!

Enough with that lets get to the point. I was feeling a bit creative today and with the twins asleep it was the perfect time to do a little craft with him. I have bought some wool roving (yes in addition to all the stuff that was donated!!) and had been trying to learn how to use it. There are some great tutorials on the net and I bought some river rocks - I know, but I wanted to do it Today.

So what we did was pull sections off the roving and using a criss cross fashion wrap about three layers around the stone. I did put a couple of stitches just to make sure it stayed. Then we put the stone into the toe of an old stocking. We put some soap on them and warm water and then started to scrub. The competition wsa to get the most bubbles and worked really well. It was easy and alexander managed it really well - and we are pleased with the results. There may be a few variations on this theme as we learn...
The little boys weren't totally left out. They had fun just washing the rocks - this kept them happy for minutes! (actually about 15 which is pretty impressive)

No comments:

Post a Comment